Elektron® 675 is a lightweight magnesium extrusion alloy for motorsport applications which offers excellent performance and high temperatures.
Used effectively in temperatures up to 250°C, Elektron 675 is a lightweight, flame-proof material with good overall corrosion resistance and offers superior machinability when compared to aluminium. The product is an extrusion alloy supplied in the T5 temper heat treated condition and is used in a variety of motorsport applications. the alloy is optimised for greater strength and density and is available in extruded bar.
- Chassis and hydraulic components
- Engine casings and gearboxes
- Racing wheels
- Weight reduction design
- Lightweight with ultra high strength
- Good corrosion resistance
- Superior machinability when compared to aluminium
- For use in temperatures up to 250°C
- Available in extruded bar and sections