A wrought magnesium alloy offering good room temperature strength, AZ31B is ideal for For motorsport applications in medium strength service at temperatures below 150°C.
Available in sheet, plate, coil and bar, AZ31B magnesium alloy benefits from increased strength and density due to strain hardening with partial anneal (H24 and H26 tempers). The alloy offers excellent weldability and can be machined faster than any other metal. The material is non-magnetic with high electrical and thermal conductivity.
- Production of intricate motorsport parts
- Monocoque construction
- Race chassis, structural engine parts, hydraulics
- Good ductility and corrosion resistance
- High electrical and thermal conductivity
- Good strength at room temperature
- Available in sheet, plate, coil and bar