Elektron® 43 is a high strength magnesium casting alloy for motorsport applications and offers good mechanical properties at both ambient and elevated temperatures.
The alloy can be used successfully in temperatures up to 300°C. Offering excellent energy absorption charteristics, the material offers good corrosion resistance and is an excellent choice for motorsport applications where weight reduction is required whilst still maintaining the highest levels of performance. Offered in bar form, the alloy can be welded using the tungsten arc inert gas process.
- Chassis components
- Structural engine components
- Weight reduction design
- High strength magnesium casting alloy
- Good corrosion resistance
- For use in temperatures up to 300°C
- Good mechanical properties
- Available in plate, extrusions and forging stock