Super-TIX® 10CUNB Ultimate is a high performance titanium developed specifically for use in exhaust systems.
Like Super-TIX® 10CU, the alloy benefits from the introduction of copper as an additional alloying element which results in solid solution hardening and low oxygen content. This addition doubles the high temperature strength when compared with pure titanium.
Niobium is also added to further improve oxidation resistance. The alloy offers greater tensile strength when compared to CP Grade 2 and Super-TIX® 10CU. Super-TIX® 10CUNB is available to our customers in both sheet and welded tubes.
GREATER OXIDATION RESISTANCE
The introduction of Niobium into the alloy production process results in a finished product with the same material characteristics as 10CU but offers greater oxidation resistance.
This provides engine designers with greater flexibility and choice when considering and choosing materials. The alloy also offers considerable performance advantages when compared with stainless steel.
- High temperature strength
- Good formability at room temperature
- Effective weight reduction solution
- Improved tensile strength when compared to CP Grade 2 at room temperature
- Available in both sheet and welded tube
- Improved oxidation resistance when compared to 10CU