Used effectively in temperatures up to 300°C (572°F), SHP MAG 400 Ultimate is a magnesium-based alloy containing alloying elements of
Gadolinium, Yttrium, Zinc and Zirconium. Apart from the material’s weight reducing capabilities, MAG 400 is a high strength alloy offering good mechanical properties with excellent corrosion resistance.
EXPLORE THE DESIGN POSSIBILITIES:
Race car and racing bike designers are constantly looking for a competitive edge. Magnesium offers impressive characteristics to get you at the front of the grid. It is 36% lighter per volume than aluminium and has the highest strength to weight ratio of all structural materials. With good castability and high specific strength, SHP MAG 400 Ultimate is a magnesium alloy product that gives you design options to boost overall performance.
- Race car and sports car chassis
- Race car hydraulics
- Drive trains
- Transmission systems
- Automotive components
- Racing bike chassis
- High strength alloy
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good mechanical properties
- The lightest alloying element available today
- Excellent performance under high temperatures and demanding operating stresses
- Available round and flat bar - other shapes available on request