6246 Titanium Alloy is an alpha-beta titanium alloy offering very high mechanical strength with good retention up to 460°C.
The alloy is heat treatable and deep hardenable. Corrosion resistance is good and the material is approved for sour service in the NACE MR-01-75 standard. The weldability of 6-2-4-6 alloy is limited. The material has a density of 4.65 g/cc and a nominal hardness of 39 HRC.
The alloy is used in the oil and gas sector for the manufacture of production equipment, in the aerospace sector for the manufacture of gas turbine engine components and the motorsport industry in the manufacture of precision racing engine parts.
- Racing engine parts
- Racing engine drivetrain components
- Gas turbine components
- Compressor discs and fan blades
- Suitable for sour service applications
- Round bar
- Very high mechanical strength with good retention up to 460°C
- Sour service approval to NACE MR-01-75
- A stronger derivative of Alloy 6242
- Good corrosion resistance
- Limited weldability