Smiths High Performance also offers material supply support to the US motorsport market, primarily in NASCAR and IndyCar.
NASCAR in particular, is a more stripped-down form of motorsport and yet presents unique challenges which are not found in other motorsport franchises. The cars are heavy and less predictable and are thrown round an oval track at speeds of 200 mph. Whilst it may not be a sport for the 'purist', NASCAR has a huge Global following and often offers a more thrilling racing spectacle.
IndyCar offers a combination of oval and road racing where the cars have certain similarities with their Formula 1 counterparts. The prestige of the sport is endorsed by glamour events such as the Indianapolis 500. In both series, we supply high performance alloys and plastics for a variety of car critical applications.
NASCAR & INDYCAR APPLICATIONS:
- Chassis components
- Engine components
- Exhaust applications
- Gear box components, gear box casings, gears
- Front / rear suspension parts, drivetrain, axles, inserts
- Camshafts, crank shafts, connecting rods, pistons, valves, engine block, covers, timing gears
- Turbo charger applications
- Battery packs
- Alloy evolution and enhancement
- Bespoke supply solutions
- Rapid response
- In-house processing
- UKAS accredited laboratory
- Global Coverage