PEEK CF30 Ultimate (30% carbon fibre) offers the same characteristics as PEEK 450G with additional performance benefits.
For example, PEEK CF30 Ultimate offers high mechanical strength and rigidity when compared to PEEK 450G. The material provides even higher creep resistance and the dimensional stability of the plastic is also very high. The expansion of the product under any change in temperature is low.
As the plastic is reinforced with carbon fibre, it will require tipped tooling during machining. As with all our Ultimate plastic products, Smiths High Performance provides material which gives racing car teams design options which would otherwise be unavailable.
- Low co-efficient of thermal expansion
- High mechanical strength and rigidity
- Very high dimensional stability
- Higher creep resistance
- Low abrasion due to fibre particle size
- Higher heat conductivity/dissipation
- Barrel throttle for controlling air flow
- Thrust washers
- Heat resistant front-end accessory drives (FEAD)
- Seals for mechatronic and lubrication systems
- Valve components
- Electrical components
- Chassis components